Canoemobile Activities & Fees
Youth Engagement Day
Paddle in our 24-foot Voyageur canoes on a local waterway. Rotate through a series of land- based activity stations, such as fishing, water quality testing, orienteering, nature hiking, and cultural history lessons. View UWCA Day Trip option details.
- 50-200+ youth, K-12th grades, 3-6 hours
Community Paddling Adventure
Add a canoeing opportunity to any community event. People of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities can paddle in our 24-foot Voyageur canoes, learn about canoe and water safety, and discover their local waterway from a new perspective.
- 300-500+ participants, all ages, 5-8 hours
Set-up camp, hike, cook outdoors, build a fire, and sleep in comfortable tents. Explore local, state, and national parks. Gear provided as needed.
- 15-100+ youth, 6th-12th grades, 2 days
Solidify outdoor and interpersonal skills while experiencing a wilderness area such as Yellowstone National Park, Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, Glacier National Park, and Shenandoah National Park.
- 7-20+ youth, 9th-12th grades, 3-10 days
Outdoor Club at Your School
Primarily teacher-led, Outdoor Clubs meet 1-4 times/month and serve as a year- round entry point to opportunities across the Pyramid of Engagement. Wilderness Inquiry provides curriculum support, a framework for activities, and opportunities for youth to participate in day trips, overnights, and extended trips.
Needs-Based Financial Aid
Funding is available for UWCA participants based on demonstrated need. Please see Financial Aid for Organizations for more information.
- 92% of teachers believed the outdoor experience supported academic learning.
- 88% of students agreed or strongly agreed they “worked with others as a team.”
- 96% of teachers agreed that students acquired new skills while on the trip.
What Students Say
- “I liked learning outside the classroom. It made me think about things in a different way.”
- “I learned how to work as a team. I wish I could do this every day.”
What Teachers Say
- “We have found these ‘learning by using nature’ programs extremely effective in helping students . . . accelerate the recovery of credits needed to be on track for graduation.”
- “It allows for a marriage between creativity and experiential learning which is highly engaging for our students.”