Great River Race
Race to Close the Opportunity Gap
Every year, Wilderness Inquiry partners with the National Park Service, City of Minneapolis, and City of Saint Paul to host the Great River Race on the Mississippi River. The big race funds the Canoemobile Minnesota outdoor education program, addressing the opportunity gap in our schools and reaching more than 23,000 youth annually. Join us at our in-person celebration to race on the Mighty Mississippi in a 24-foot canoe. This action packed event will be a day of fun, purpose, impact, and of course an awards ceremony. Don't be late or you'll miss the boat!
The need is greater than ever as we work to provide place-based outdoor learning experiences for youth across Minnesota and beyond.
SAVE THE DATE for 2024!
14th Annual Great River Race
WHEN: September 14, 2024
WHERE: Hidden Falls Regional Park - 1313 Hidden Falls Dr., St. Paul, MN 55116
Sponsor a Boat
Build a team of paddlers and race the Mighty Mississippi in a 24-foot canoe while highlighting your organization's dedication to equitable outdoor access for youth.
From timekeeping and registration to boat wrangling and more - volunteers make the Great River Race happen. Sign up to volunteer at the greatest event of the year!
Donate to the Great River Race and know that your contribution helps connect youth to place-based learning opportunities on their local waterways.
2023 Race Results
- Higgins Family / Nature Valley - 53:37
- VAA - 58:31
- Thomson Reuters - 1:02:53
- Polaris - 1:05:38
- Lube-Tech - 1:08:35
- LimnoTech - 1:08:42
- Finch Family / Minnesota Women's Press / Spencer Family - 1:09:47
- Neil DuBois Memorial Fund - 1:10:43
- Mississippi Park Connection / National Park Service - 1:11:32
- Huntington National Bank - 1:11:45
- UCare - 1:12:39
- Arctic Wolf - 1:13:54
- Whitney Ulvestad Boat #2 - 1:14:28
- Pelican Leadership Academy - 1:14:50
- Whitney Ulvestad Boat #1 - 1:15:50
- Forero-Pearson Family - 1:19:11
- Race Judicata - 1:19:18
- Sawmill - 1:20:25
- Lakewinds - 1:23:57
- Family & Friends of Teri Heyer - 1:24:25
- Grady Family - 1:25:58
- Winnebago - 1:28:51
- Ann Bancroft Foundation - 1:32:14
- Cargill / Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community - 1:33:36