Science Lessons & Activity Guides
Middle School Resources
- Keystone Species in Minnesota Ecosystems
Students explore important relationships between plant and animal communities in Minnesota ecosystems.
- River Investigation Guide
Students discover the health and quality of the Mississippi River through observation and experimentation. This guide helps teachers prepare their students for an outdoor experience with WI, NPS and partners.
High School Resources
- Minnehaha Creek Restoration Project through Biology
Students explore a local ecosystem through fieldwork and develop restoration projects to reverse the effects of human impact.
- Water Quality Testing through Chemistry
Student test Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Chlorine, and dissovled Oxygen levels from different sources in a local watershed.
- Water’s Connection to Life as We Know It
Four-day, place-based program exploring the relationship between water and life.