COVID-19 Safety & Travel Update
Join us for a trip of a lifetime! Whether traveling virtually or in-person, you can travel with confidence with Wilderness Inquiry. Our in-person experiences are designed with your safety and health as our top priority. We welcome both group registrations (you only travel with individuals that you register with) and individual sign ups (for individuals who are fully vaccinated).
In addition to following CDC guidelines, we work with a team of community and health experts to help guide our safety measures on and off the trail. Steps we are taking to provide you with the safest experience possible include:
- Confidential health screening before and during trips.
- Distancing of 6 feet or more between our staff and travelers as possible.
- Masks* required at all times indoors for everyone and anytime 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained outdoors. Our events that have 100 or more people require masks at all times. *Properly fitting masks required. Buffs, bandanas, and scarves are not accepted face coverings.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for mixed group trips that involve an overnight experience.
- Regular sanitation of touchable surfaces.
- Separate space & equipment for our staff and participant groups.
- Robust gear cleaning and sanitizing between trips.
- Flexible booking policies with rescheduling and future trip credits available.
- Participants have an option to register with their personal travel group.
Since 1978, Wilderness Inquiry has connected people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to the natural world and each other. Although this time of COVID-19 has presented challenges, we are still able to offer safe ways for you to get outside. Our belief that “everyone belongs” is something that we act upon every day as we plan safe, outdoor experiences. It also drives the rationale behind our policies and practices. Learn more about our COVID-19 policies below. Let’s get to the other side of the woods together.
If you have questions about your current or future trip, please contact us.
Ways You Can Help and Get Involved
Help us deliver our mission in creative ways and prepare for tomorrow, when the need for our work will be greater than ever.
Travel with confidence in a group of like minded travelers or ask about our smaller, private tours to minimize household exposure.
Continue to engage with your outdoor spaces using Wilderness Inquiry’s online learning activities.