Registration is open for 2021! If you have questions about your current or future trip, please contact us. We look forward to continuing to engage with you in new ways and hope you can attend some of our new virtual events.
When you book a trip with Wilderness Inquiry you can travel with confidence. We have established a team of community and health experts to help guide our safety measures on trail. Steps we are taking to provide you with an overall safer experience include:
- Regular, confidential, symptom, and external thermometer temperature checks before and while on trail for WI Outdoor Leaders and participants
- Practicing physical distancing of 6ft or more when possible between different households
- Outdoor Leaders and participants will wear masks and gloves as appropriate, including meal preparation and other times in close proximity
- Regularly sanitizing touchable surfaces, including canoe gunwales, picnic tables, etc.
- Designating separate spaces and equipment for Outdoor Leader and participant group use to avoid unnecessary touch points between different households
- Updated and more robust gear cleaning and sanitizing practices before and after trips
Even in this time period of COVID-19, we hope you will join us to Share the Adventure. Since 1978, Wilderness Inquiry has been helping people of all abilities do remarkable things. Although this time period has presented us with a challenge that will stretch us in new ways and directly impact our ability to deliver on our mission. While we know that this too shall pass, we also know that when it does, the need for our work will be greater than ever.
Wilderness Inquiry is all about access, inclusion, and opportunity. We believe exploration of the natural world is a birthright we all share, and we act on that belief. We operate in a manner that facilitates full participation by everyone, including people who come from different physical, cultural, or socioeconomic places. We believe in the power of community. Let's get to the other side of the woods together.
Ways You Can Help and Get Involved
Help us deliver our mission in creative ways and prepare for tomorrow, when the need for our work will be greater than ever.
Travel with confidence in a group of like minded travelers or ask about our smaller, private tours to minimize household exposure.
Continue to engage with your outdoor spaces using Wilderness Inquiry’s online learning activities.
Updated Cancellation Policy
In the event you need to alter your plans prior to our cancellation, we have adjusted our cancellation policy to provide flexibility and understanding in these unprecedented times.
If you need to cancel your trip for any reason you may:
- Transfer any payments to a future trip with no penalty
- Convert any payments to a tax-deductible donation
- Request a full refund
If your personal finances have changed, we are also willing to adjust payment due dates, set up a payment plan, or if you feel you may qualify, you can complete a financial aid application here: https://www.wildernessinquiry.org/programs/financial-aid/individual-application/