Positions at Wilderness Inquiry
Our staff are dedicated professionals who share a common goal of making sure everyone belongs in the outdoors. As we continue to grow and learn more about what it means to make the outdoors truly inclusive, we acknowledge that representation matters. We are dedicating ourselves to continued cultural and operational improvements to make our workplace welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities. Our shared values include:
- We believe in seeking the exceptional — in people, adventure, work, and life. We aren’t perfect, but we push ourselves to new heights through creativity, grit, and a commitment to one another. Seeking the exceptional, we look to be better, do better, and grow into tomorrow.
- We are a community of individuals — by paddling together, our strengths are magnified and our weaknesses balanced. We move forward with cohesion, a shared goal, and a unified purpose. Paddling together, our load is lighter and our boat travels farther.
- We are people who persevere, a tenacious group — in finding a way, we strive for solutions and roll up our sleeves for the work. Challenge? Accepted. We’ll use the tools we have to fashion a fix. Finding a way, an obstacle in the path becomes the next hill to climb.
Careers at Wilderness Inquiry encompass a variety of opportunities at many levels of professional experience:
- Part-time and Seasonal Staff: A typical season operates from May through October with a limited variety of unique opportunities outside of this time-frame. In addition to the life experiences our staff bring, new staff receive extensive paid training in inclusion, leadership, and wilderness skills. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and join us in our mission of making sure everyone belongs in the outdoors.
- Non-Seasonal Full-time Staff: You don’t have to be an avid outdoor enthusiast to have a place at WI! Just like the participants we serve, we look for candidates from a variety of backgrounds, skills, and identities to help us bring our mission to life.
Wilderness Inquiry prohibits discrimination against any participant, applicant, volunteer, intern, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or military status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other protected class under law.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please note our physical office location is at 325 Randolph Ave - St. Paul, MN 55102