TIME/WAGE: Full time, salaried position with benefits
SUPERVISOR: Development Director
SUMMARY: Be part of Wilderness Inquiry’s entrepreneurial team and help magnify our impact by increasing revenues for our programs serving urban youth, families, and people with disabilities. The grants manager is responsible for raising and reporting on funds from foundations, corporations, and government sources, including setting and meeting annual revenue goals. They are responsible for researching, preparing, and managing proposals and reports in accordance with grant maker policies and guidelines.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PERSON WE ARE SEEKING:
• Passion for WI’s mission
• Excellent computer and database skills
• Smart, hands-on learner with outstanding writing and communication skills
• High energy and drive, capable of motivating others to take action through a positive, can-do attitude
• Results-driven and team-oriented
• A self-starter who takes initiative
• Flexible, persistent and attentive to detail
• Strong writing skills
• Likes variety and is open to learning new roles
• In collaboration with Development Director, Executive Director, and development staff, coordinate and implement a fund development program; key focus areas for the grants manager include foundation and corporate gifts, government grants, and workplace giving
• Identify, prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government funding
• Write all institutional grant proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials
• Manage annual grants calendar, ensuring timely actions to secure funds and communicate with funders
• Manage and expand existing partnerships; arrange on-site tours; make appointments for Executive Director, Associate Director, Development Director, and others with potential funders
• Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
• Possess knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising
• Assist with special events
• Collect, process and maintain accurate donor information and foundation guidelines in an extensive fundraising database and file system
• Carry out and lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, while meeting all related deadlines – working both independently and collaboratively
• Assist in coordinating activities with development committee of the board
• Assist in production of quarterly newsletter
B.A. or equivalent degree.
Experience creating and distributing marketing materials and donor-related digital content preferred.
These and other duties may vary at the discretion of the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to use a telephone and computer. Must be able to lift 15 lbs and drive a car. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now