General Financial Aid Criteria:
Wilderness Inquiry (WI) makes every effort to provide financial assistance when needed. Completion of this form will help us determine how best to allocate limited financial aid to those organizations that need it most. Priority is given to organizations that:
- Serve people with low incomes and other underserved populations; and
- Make every effort to provide as much funding as possible for the desired WI event/trip.
- Your chances of receiving financial aid increase if you can be flexible on trip dates and destinations.
- Financial aid recipients are typically asked to write a note(s) to our donors after your trip to tell them about your experience.
- Financial aid for domestic trips may be limited to certain destinations. We are not able to offer financial aid for international trips.
- Financial aid awards are typically for between 5% and 50% of the event/trip fee, with the organization paying the rest.
- Completion of this form does not guarantee receipt of financial aid.
What is included in WI Event/Trip Fees:
- WI typically provides all guides, group equipment, permits, planning, and communications.
- For multi-day trips, WI typically provides all meals on the trail.
- WI does not provide transportation for most organizational group trips. For some multi-day trips, WI provides transportation between Minneapolis and the trip location for an additional fee.
- Participants need to bring personal clothing and gear, and are asked to bring sleeping bags and ground pads for multi-day trips. We will send you a detailed packing list once your trip is confirmed.
- We have a limited supply of personal gear, sleeping bags, and ground pads we lend to participants, though we rely on your organization to gather as much equipment as you can for your group.