Positions at Wilderness Inquiry
Our staff is a dedicated group of professionals who share a common goal of service to the diverse groups of people who participate in Wilderness Inquiry programs. Our shared values include:
- A passion for WI’s mission of social integration through adventure. Working at WI is more than just a job for full-time staff.
- A vision, belief and ethic built on the ideals of Servant Leadership. We practice “we” thinking rather than “me” thinking.
- An entrepreneurial spirit of continuous improvement, both in systems and in one’s self. This can be challenging, but also a tremendous growth opportunity.
- A “whatever it takes” attitude toward every job. While we believe in applying people to their highest and best ability, we cannot afford to hire people who are highly selective in what they are willing to do.
Before you begin your application, we encourage you to gather your work history, your resume, relevant training and the names and contact information of three references.
If you are applying for a trail guide or intern position, consider which stage you are at in your development. We suggest you download and read: An Introduction to the Outdoor Leader Career Development Model.
- Part-time and Seasonal Jobs: Trail guides come from a variety of backgrounds. In addition to the life experiences they bring, guides receive extensive training in leadership, wilderness skills, and natural history. What really sets WI guides apart is the energy and care they put into making every trip a fantastic experience for every participant.
- Full-time Career Staff: If you are interested in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, high-tech working environment with a dedicated team of professionals, a career at Wilderness Inquiry may be for you. We are especially interested in versatile people who seek to better themselves and the world.
The following positions are currently available at Wilderness Inquiry:
No job opportunities posted at this time, please check back soon.