(Priority application date: June 5th)
Grade Range/Job Status: Coordinator
Time/Wage: Full Time Exempt (In Person/Hybrid), Salary range $42,025 – $57,784
Reports To: Senior Manager of the Extended & Career Section
Department: Programs & Adventures
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Wilderness Inquiry’s mission is to connect people of all ages, backgrounds, identities, and abilities through shared outdoor adventures so that all people can equitably experience the benefits of time spent in nature.
Wilderness Inquiry Beliefs and Values:
At Wilderness Inquiry, we believe that everyone belongs. We work to ensure this belief holds true in our workplace, in our community, and in the outdoors. We pursue this belief through our mission and shared values of paddling together, nurturing inclusion, seeking the exceptional, and finding a way.
The Program & Logistics Coordinator for the BIPOC, Affinity & Fellowship Programs plays a pivotal role in advancing Wilderness Inquiry’s commitment to making sure everyone belongs in the outdoors. As a core member of the Extended & Career Adventures team, this position works collaboratively with partners to deliver adventure itinerary development for extended programs, and acts as a program development, account manager, and implementation expert for wilderness trips, particularly focussed on BIPOC and other affinity groups. This role is also responsible for the coordination of the Wilderness Inquiry Fellowship Program–a seasonal career development program designed to introduce early career professionals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, or people experiencing disability to the outdoor industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- BIPOC and Other Affinity Travel Program
- Support program delivery as the BIPOC affinity engagement expert
- Build upon and deepen established trust and engagement with BIPOC program participants and community partners/advisors through affinity-informed advocacy
- Support and coordinate staff recruitment and training for BIPOC affinity programs and adventures
- Ensure trip directors and outdoor leaders for BIPOC Affinity trips are prepared to support key program outcomes
- Assist with event data collection including, but not limited to, demographic tracking and other necessary grant reporting data
- Research, provide recommendations, and support program improvement and outcomes in collaboration with evaluation team
- Support or fulfill similar duties outlined above for affinity travel for LGBTQ+, women, and people experiencing disabilities
- Extended Trip Program Logistics
- Coordinate and obtain event-level reservations/permits for all Wilderness Inquiry extended trips
- Support building out new extended itineraries for all public audiences in collaboration with Development and Sales Department market research
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure new itinerary information is collected and organized for advertising
- Act as trip director for trip itineraries as assigned
- Fellowship Program Coordination
- Assist with seasonal program development and recruitment strategies
- Participate in interviewing fellowship applicants, and engage in hiring decisions
- Act as main point of contact and support person for seasonal fellows
- Coordinate program content, schedule, and organize individual fellow schedules to match programmatic and individual goals
- Support expansion and scalability of the program
- Inform and offer consultation to the Development and Sales and External Relations teams for grant funding opportunities and program reporting
- Coordinate program evaluation and inform improvement planning
- Account Management
- Act as account manager for BIPOC population-focused groups
- Support incoming trip requests for BIPOC population-focused groups through extended trip planning and service agreement writing
- Provide excellent customer service through effective customer response management
- Maintain and grow relationships over time
- Regularly meet with customer contacts throughout account management cycle to ensure excellence and follow through from start to finish
- Accurately represent WI mission, values, program goals, and capabilities
Please note: These are not intended to encompass all roles and responsibilities of this position; other duties may be assigned.
Qualities we are looking for in this position:
- Passion for WI’s mission, values, and core audience sectors
- Experience and interest in program design, delivery and logistics
- Excellent computer and database skills
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Willingness to listen and learn
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Flexible, persistent, and attentive to detail
- Multi-cultural competence, with experience working with BIPOC audiences
- Enjoys variety and is open to learning new roles
Bachelor’s degree or 2 years related experience in program development and coordination and/or workforce development. Candidates must possess lived experience working and engaging with BIPOC audiences including, but not limited to, demonstrated proven ability and experience in building trust and deepening collaboration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to operate a telephone and computer. Employees must be able to communicate effectively with English speakers. Employees are regularly required to navigate independently in indoor and outdoor settings. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now