The Operations Assistant: Kitchen and Food ensures the safe and smooth operation of the kitchen and its related food systems and procedures for 300+ wilderness events. This includes packing large food orders for extended trips and ensuring proper inventory of food supplies. This position promotes the mission of Wilderness Inquiry by providing high quality and safe experiences to all our participants and staff.
Seasonal/hourly position up to 40 hours/week 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday, approximately May through September. Role is integral to summer programming success, therefore time off requests need to be approved by the operations manager. Personal vacation or time off known ahead of hiring is appreciated. Wage commensurate with experience starting at $14/hour.
SUPERVISOR: Operations Coordinator
These and other duties may vary at the discretion of the supervisor. All staff members must be flexible and able to adapt to short and long-term shifts in their job responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, in both an indoor and outdoor setting
- Maintains current food and kitchen supply inventory
- Executes necessary fresh food, bulk food and supply orders
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food handling procedures
- Reports status and concerns to supervisor
- Additional tasks assigned as necessary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to plan, implement and follow through with responsibilities is essential.
- The ability to oversee projects independently and as part of a team and utilize strong communication skills.
- Must be interested in working a job with elements that can be physically demanding.
- Must be willing to keep flexible hours.
- Must pass a background check.
- Complete COVID-19 vaccines are mandated for all staff and interns
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; visually discern/read words and numbers; and use a hand/hands to operate or touch objects or controls.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- On a regular occasion the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy loads up to 25lbs for distances of up to 1,000 feet.
Ability to drive a car is preferred but not required. Must have reliable transportation to and from the Wilderness Inquiry operations headquarters.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now