SUMMARY: Paddle and serve in the Apostle Islands! Live and work at Wilderness Inquiry’s beautiful kayak base camp up in the majestic Apostle Islands, on the Bayfield Peninsula in Wisconsin. Our interns live just a short walk away from Lake Superior for the summer season, maintaining the base camp’s property, kayak warehouse, and helping our trail staff with gear maintenance and management. They also spend time on trail, acting as support staff on many of our Apostle Islands adventures. In this internship you will learn what it takes to run a kayak base camp property, as well as develop customer service and leadership skills.
SUPERVISOR: Sea Kayak Program Manager
- Familiarity with kayaks and kayaking.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- High cleanliness standards.
- Willingness to live in a rural base camp.
- Interest in serving others and becoming a professional guide
This is an unpaid position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now