The ideal candidate would possess an interest in outdoor recreation and be familiar with activities and equipment related to hiking, paddling and overnight camping. Strong candidates will have a positive attitude, be self motivated, and are detail oriented. The Operations Assistant: Equipment & Warehouse works closely with our operations team to help organize and clean gear that comes back from Wilderness Inquiry’s adventures. This position also supports the operations team in other functions as needed.
Seasonal/hourly position up to 40 hours/week, approximately May through September. Must be available Sunday afternoon/evening, Monday and Tuesday. Additional scheduling may occur as needed. Role is integral to summer programming success, therefore time off requests need to be approved by the operations manager. Personal vacation or time off known ahead of hiring is appreciated. Wage commensurate with experience starting at $14/hour.
SUPERVISOR: Operations Coordinator & Warehouse Coordinator
These duties may vary at the discretion of the supervisor. All staff members must be flexible and able to adapt to short and long-term shifts in their job responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, in both an indoor and outdoor setting
- Assist with trips packing out/in through inventorying, cleaning, organizing and repairing equipment
- Support program needs such as education kit inventory, assembly, shipping, etc.
- Reports status and concerns to supervisor
- Additional tasks assigned as necessary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to plan, implement and follow through with responsibilities is essential.
- The ability to oversee projects independently and as part of a team and utilize strong communication skills.
- Must be interested in working a job with elements that can be physically demanding.
- Must be willing to keep flexible hours.
- Must pass a background check.
- Complete COVID-19 vaccines are mandated for all staff and interns
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; visually discern/read words and numbers; and use a hand/hands to operate or touch objects or controls.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- On a regular occasion the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy loads up to 25lbs for distances of up to 1,000 feet.
Ability to drive a car is preferred but not required. Must have reliable transportation to and from the Wilderness Inquiry operations headquarters.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now