TIME/WAGE: Full-time with benefits
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
The Program Coordinator works closely with our Program Manager and others to help implement our Canoemobile and other introductory programs. In this role, the Program Coordinator ensures that trips are safe, quality, and cost-effective by efficiently managing logistics and systems.
Founded in 1978, Wilderness Inquiry has served more than 500,000 individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. Over 40+ years, several new programs have emerged which currently account for almost 50% of Wilderness Inquiry’s operations and budget. The primary program is Canoemobile, which reaches 30,000+ youth annually in more than 60 cities coast to coast. A sub-set of Canoemobile, Adventures in the City, allows students to earn school credits via outdoor placed based learning. Wilderness Inquiry also conducts numerous extended and backcountry youth trips each year.
- Provides logistical planning and support for Canoemobile, Adventures in the City and other educational programs
- Assists with trip destinations and contracts.
- Trip directs Canoemobile trips and events, and leads them as necessary.
- Serves as liaison, in collaboration with others, between partner agencies and school district staff.
- Updates educational kits and materials.
- Coordinates school-based programs such as Outdoor Clubs.
- Develops and implements student recruitment strategies.
- Provides opportunities for youth to gain work experiences as Leaders In Training.
- Ensures fulfillment of youth related grants through program delivery and database tracking.
- Assists with communications from all WI constituencies in a professional manner, and decides upon the appropriate course of action.
- Provides excellent customer service; covers scheduled phone answering shifts.
- Promotes WI’s mission by providing high quality customer service to all WI constituents.
– BA/BS degree
– Two years or more experience in professional field
– Professional experience leading outdoor, camping and paddling pursuits preferred
– Track record of continuous process improvement and operational excellence
– Personable and flexible, with a team-based, customer service framework
– Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment with a culture of high performance
– Able to think strategically and execute tactically
– Possesses refined and well-organized multi-tasking skills
– Demonstrates high energy and the ability to motivate others to action through a positive, can-do attitude
– Able to lift 25 lbs and drive a car.
Wilderness Inquiry is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now