College Student Adventures
Wilderness Inquiry works with college students of all backgrounds and abilities to provide inclusive outdoor recreation and experiential education programs. From leadership and professional development to international study abroad and full semester engagements, Wilderness Inquiry partners with dozens of colleges and universities to augment their academic offerings:
- Service learning projects to clean the environment or help get kids outdoors
- Professional development and field learning in education and outdoor leadership
- Multi-day overnights to places like Yellowstone, Apostle Islands, or the 10,000 Islands of the Everglades
- Study abroad on adventures to Central America, Africa, or New Zealand
- Full semester engagements such as the Augsburg River Semester
We often work with faculty members to create great educational trips for students. Choose from an existing destination, or design your own student experience to meet the academic requirements of your program.
Our staff are highly skilled outdoor professionals who not only can help plan and support a trip, but many are also educators and professors themselves. Greg Lais, our Executive Director, teaches several courses in Outdoor Leadership for the University of Minnesota.
Wilderness Inquiry adventures help students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities develop confidence, understanding of the environment and appreciation for people from diverse cultures.